Downtown Sudbury Art Crawl
Updates this year: window displays and auction event
Hello fellow artists,
Due to complications caused by CoVid-19, we are planning a new way to present this year’s art crawl.
We will unfortunately not be able to gather and enjoy the crawl all together this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have an art crawl at all. Instead this year, beginning July 6 and running all month, we are organizing for downtown businesses to set up window displays featuring an artists work, and encouraging the community to go look at the pieces downtown at their own time/pace. The artists’ work will also be posted online on our Downtown Sudbury Arts Crawl Facebook and Instagram pages, and we will be running online auctions on each piece through this site.
As an artist, here are the guidelines we have in place:
1. Have one piece to show, ready to be hung/displayed, with info tag to accompany the art (info tag should include email and phone, artist name, piece name, material, reserve (starting) price, and dimensions)
2. Set a reserve price for your piece that includes a 15% commission to the business hosting your work.
3. Deliver your art to the venue for the month, and contact the buyer once sold (we will communicate this info to you). Monique Legault will be handling all sales from the auction, and then distributing the funds afterwards through e-transfer. Artist and client must arrange pick up or delivery of the piece (Monique Legault will make her studio available as a transfer point).
4. You are responsible to insure your piece for one month of off-site showing. (Average $10 cost.)
5. You are encouraged to share any content about the Crawl and your specific piece to your audience and followers.
If you are interested in participating this year, please fill out the form below.