This is a rare glimpse into a no longer existing piece of Sudbury railroad history. The CNR station and era appropriate Steam train. It was located near the current intersection of Paris Street and St. Anne’s Road in the former Sudbury Borgia district. It was removed during the urban renewal of downtown in the 1960’s. There are very few photographs left existing of this station and none in original colors. Before the painting was started, the details were researched to bring it back to life.
Sudbury CNR Early 1900’s Gordon Drysdale
Sudbury CNR Early 1900’s
Acrylic on plywood, 24″ X 56″, 2020
Venue: Gallery 170
170 Elgin St, Sudbury, ON P3E 3N5, Canada
Item condition: New
Auction Expired because there were no bids